What to look for when buying a shed
As you can imagine, here at Buy Sheds Direct, there are a number of things to consider when buying a shed, the same as everything else that you buy. I suppose it all depends on what purpose you need the shed to provide, whether it is, bike storage, general garden items, or heavy duty garden equipment. Let’s just say you’re in the right place to find it all at Buy Sheds Direct.
5 top tips from us when buying a shed from buy sheds direct:
- Size.The size is a crucial feature to consider as you need to be sure you have the room to install in your garden, along with what you will need to store in the shed. You may decide that you need a double door on your shed, for a more flexible, practical working space. As they offer an easier access in and out of the shed. This is really helpful when rearranging your garden items.
- SecurityIf you are looking to store away your valuable garden items, you need to rely on a secure, sturdy shed with locking doors and it is probably best to go for the ‘non window’ models to be extra safe.
- Material.Wooden, metal or plastic? This depends on what you are looking to store in your shed, how would you like your shed to be treated? (Pressure treated or dip treated) And also, what look you are going for.
- Price.Have you set yourself a budget? Take a look at all of our brilliant offers. Or perhaps you are going on the basis that “you get what you pay for”, and therefore spend more to receive more.
- Installation.Have you seen our free installation service that we are currently offering at Buy Sheds Direct on a huge range of our sheds? Perhaps you are more than capable installing the shed yourself, or maybe, you will need to find somebody local to erect your garden building.
Here are a few other points for you to consider when buying a shed:
Dip treated sheds
Our dip treatment ensures a 10 year anti-rot guarantee provided that your building is isolated from ground contact and regularly re-treated with a timber preservative, keeping you shed looking brand new!
Pressure treated sheds
The treatment has been forced into the timber at high pressure giving a longer expected service life and removing the need for annual re-treatment. Our pressure treated products typically come with a 15 year anti-rot guarantee.
Pent roofs are designed with one sloping roof panel, always the highest at the door end which will deflect water harmlessly at the top of your shed. These practical roofed sheds are perfect to placing against walls or if you would like your shed underneath branches, this design will be great.
Many people consider this style of shed to be the “classic” or “traditional” style shed.
They benefit from the high, sloping eaves design as it offers superior head height, extended storage room and is extremely watertight as the sloping eaves ensure water runs straight off the roof of the shed.