How to Build a Wooden Shed Base
When building a shed, you must have a hard standing to support your new shed as you build it. Sometimes it's more convenient to use a wooden shed base kit, then laying a concrete or slab hard standing.
Time to complete = Approx. 1 hour
People power require = at least 2
Tools needed to build your shed:
Building your wooden shed base kitBuilding your wooden shed base kit:
- Lay out all the components of the wooden frame
- Measure and mark the positions for the shorter cross-bearers, make sure these are evenly spaced
- Pre-drill where you have marked (check instructions)
- Screw in the framework together
- Move the base to where you would like it positioned
- Use the spirit level to find the highest point
- Using the lump hammer, drive the first stake at the highest point until the top of the stake is just below the top of the wooden frame
- Pre-drill the the stake and framework and then screw them together
- Using a spirit level to keep the frame level, drive in the remaining stakes and attach them to the frame (check instructions for positioning)
Your base is now ready!